Friday, September 01, 2006

Carpenters


I spent 8 hours on a bus from Christchurch to Queenstown today. I can honestly say it's been one of the most memorable scenic drives I've done in my life so far. Absolutely stunning. We drove through MacKenzie Country, which will please Dr.Jim. All I can say Dr.Jim, is that your clan sure knew how to pick their battles, because they got their hands on a mighty fine bit of land here... good genes *grin*

The ride was memorable for another reason: Busdriver Bob. A big burly softie, with the neatest walrus-moustache I've ever seen, and a tatoo of... a turtle. That's right, Bob's a right bad-ass like that. Bob switched off the radio about half an hour into the drive and put on his "Best of The Carpenters" CD. On repeat. For a whole 7.5 hours. Yip. And Bob belted along to "Top of the World" each time it came on. When Bob noticed I was getting queasy because of the hairspell turns in the mountains, Bob suggested I sing along with him. Because it always makes him feel better. Bless Bob. I think I'm going to feel right at home here in Queenstown ;-)


- MacKenzie Country, seen from the bus -


PS: A very happy birthday to Lynne !!! Have a fab time up in Scotland! :-)

1 Comments:

At 11:53 pm, Blogger Dr Jim said...

Yes, the grasslands look to have fewer grassy tussocks than Culloden. That'll make a 1 km charge at the English FAR easier for the clan, and thus won't be to knackered to win next time ;-)

Vord verification: Luuqdhvz - wasn't he an Orc in LOTR?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home