Saturday, October 14, 2006

Not So Clever After All

Ain't Karma a bitch...

Just days after I posted a blog about some staggeringly stupid people, it seems I am running low on cleverness myself. I'm not sure why really, as I'm perfectly capable of analysing the situations post-occurence and never fail to recognize the inherent stupidity of my actions. Just wish I could do so BEFORE the events actually occur.

I was waiting for my bus this morning and urgently had to pee. With only a few shifty types about, I didn't feel safe leaving my backpack and valuables under their temporary supervision, so decided to take the lot with me to the loo. If you care to picture the scene: Wee Pew with a kick-ass backpack strapped to her back, an overspilling daypack strapped to her front, and a carrierbag with food in the left hand.

For reasons beyond me, I decide to walk into the toiletbooth with the entire carry-on and get trapped between the toiletdoor and the wall. Seriously. Stuck. I could move forwards nor backwards and any attempt to wriggle myself free in side-way movements just seemed to aggravate an already very embarassing situation. So there I am squooshed in the loo with no way to get out.


I eventually forfaited my last ounce of pride and gave a feeble squeak for help. Seconds later, a fragile old granny is pushing the back of my backpack to try and squeeze me through the door.

I cannot recall when I last managed to embarass myself to such degree.
*hangs head in shame*

PS: I am currently in Auckland and have located a very nice lesbian DJ night tonight, just a few minutes away from my hostel. I'm not sure whether it's karmically safe to go along to it tonight, but I will nonetheless try. Let's just hope I don't have to come back to this blog with stories of how I managed to knock the cutest lesbian unconcious with my spastic dance-moves.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 pm, Blogger Dr Jim said...

LOL. You've painted a very vivid picture that will keep me amused for days. I assume you neglected to mention to the old lady that you are the well known physicist Dr Pew ;-)

Thanks chuck ;-)

 
At 2:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've literally wet myself to tears. lol :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home