Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rare Moments

Last Night.

In she walked and all that I am came to a standstill. Someone read my dream last night and stole her from it. As she moves about me, she sends me a cheeky smile. I flash her my biggest grin in return hello. And this is how we will communicate: sideway glances and a vocabulary of smiles.

She's struggling with a can-opener. The mundaness of the moment never springs into existence. In silence, I take over and rescue her. She starts blushing as her coyest of smiles conveys a "thank you". There's a spark in the air amidst which we keep up pretences of going about our own respective bussiness.

Later on, huddled over a cup of tea, I will lock her eyes onto mine for a moment & decide not to break the spell by mundaneness of speech. I will walk away unscathed, with the illusion of possibility locked in an untouchable freeze.


This Morning.

She slips onto the sofa next to me, as I'm sipping a coffee in wait of my bus. Her morning smile scatters about my intentions and before I know it, I've broken our routine of silence. When I surface from our conversation to look up at the clock, it dawns on me: It's an hour later and I've missed my bus. Rarely has a smile engaged me so much.

As I stand up in a rush, she stops me for details. When I walk out the door, she will have my number in hand, scribbled in haste on this morning's paper. In my confusion and hurry, I forget to ask for hers. The course of possibility now in the hands of an intimate stranger.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that's super cute. I hope she calls!!
Also I'm enjoying your travel stories :)
Hope you're well!

 
At 7:22 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Well yes, except now I'm totally worrying she might not be able to decipher what I wrote down in my hurry. I bumped into an old SSF a week ago, who said he'd been mailing and calling me for two weeks without response, so he assumed I was ignoring him. Whereas I simply received nothing!

Maybe it's time to print business-cards. But where's the romance in that?!? *humph*

 
At 4:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, honestly I do adore your vulcano story, and I am absolutely overwhelmed by the beauty reflected in your pictures, and I understand your enthusiasme about the surroundings and smells...
BUT WHO THE HELL WAS THE GIRL? WHAT WAS HER NAME? WHERE WAS SHE FROM? WHERE IS SHE HEADING? You can not just let us floating around with only the knowledge that yout flutterbies are back!!! :-)
To be continued... I hope. Kiss.

 
At 1:38 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Lol, I should have known this post would ellicit a response from you, dad. Curious George. All in due course ;-)

BUT, on a bright note: She just got in touch with me half an hour ago ;)

 
At 10:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i hope you remembered to get her number as well this time!?!

x

 
At 6:29 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Lol, yes I did ;-)

PS: soz about the disconnect yesterday. I would have waited for you to jump back online, but I ran out of net-credit and got kicked off. Will mail you soon though!! (And will update that lomopage soon).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home