Sunday, October 08, 2006

Seratonin

I had planned to write a blogpost about my annoyence with the instability of my seratonin levels, but the levels happen to be at a high again following a recent phone conversation with a cheery British Airways agent and I have now decided that said post would merely (1) bore you all and (2) lead you to correctly conclude that I am a rather unstable individual.

So let's not.

On a funnier note, the local New Age shop in town displayed this rather amusing note in the doorway:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It must have worked cuz I was in Wellington that day and felt no Quake ;) As far as the volcano experience is concerned, this is as close as I have gotten to Mt.Ruapehu:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the upside, I've been told the Volcanic crossing looks set to re-open on Wednesday, so fingers crossed I will get up close and personal with some magma before too long. Meanwhile, I've kept busy strolling around stuff like this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have changed my ticket out of New Zealand and am now leaving for Chile on October 17th instead of November 5th. I am quite saturated with Kiwi-land for the time being (especially since high season has now properly kicked in and all the gapyear teenagers have arrived). I want to inroll in an intensive spanish course in Santiago for a few weeks and hopefully stretch my budget a little.

Managed to take this rather pretty Stencil/Grafiti Fisheye on my way today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I shall hopefully return with more meaningfull posts once my PMT and seratonin-high have fought their battles. But right now, I'm off in search of a decent fry-up and a strong cup of coffee.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:33 am, Blogger Mad Dog said...

Your PMT not withstanding, I'm loving the pics of NZ, especially of the volcano. If I had to be a different kind of scientist I think I'd be a volcanologist. Great stuff ! Keep the reports coming and congratulations on the continued blogging despite all odds. Oh, and please travel safely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home