Sunday, October 28, 2007

A place to sit and a light to read

I have issues with style and design. I'm not convinced it comes naturally to me. As intriguing as I find it, design has always been my brother's forte, not mine. But when you buy an apartment, you have to make some style-choices of your own.

I think I did OK on the basics, but for the last 4 months, I have been stalling on the finishing touches. Not that they are life-altering choices but... How do you pick chairs and lighting? A table on its own can look fantastic, but how do you combine it with chairs? And where do you place it the lighting? What style do you choose?

If I'd been left to fend for myself, my next dinnerparty would be a stand-up dinner in the dark. But thankfully, Mama-Pew decided to take charge this weekend and she whisked me off to a few design stores. It totally helps to have a second pair of eyes when decorating.

I decided on a set of classic Panton chairs. Absoluut Design sells them second-hand, and I think we bagged a nice bargain. I like their organic shape. My table is quite tight in design, so I figured the chairs would fit.

For the lighting, we decided to go with a set of lamps I absolutely fell in love with a few weeks ago: Occhio Sento. I will have them fitted next month.

The cool thing about them, is that u can manipulate the walllamps... they exist with differently coloured lenses and you can aim the beams as you please. Below is an example of a shop display with them:


As Mama-Pew phrased it: this will put the "cachet" in your wee pad. I think she may be right ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home