Thursday, October 04, 2007

Glamourous Blogpost

Aye, tis.

This post is coming to you from the glamourous location that is.... my loo.

I'm not here by choice, mind. I appear to have caught a touch of stomachflu and I've been stuck here for hours. Thank fuck for wireless!

Moments like this are just plain annoying. It's amazing how our bodies can hold us hostage so easily. There's not much for it but to surrender. To kill the boredom whilst waiting for nature to run its course, I went through 3 New Scientists, 2 episodes of Mad About You, my entire list of RSS feeds AND I've read the small-print of every product-package in my loo. It's surprising the amount of crap that goes into toilet-paper. No pun intended.

Also, I am running out of Kandoo, which is a little scary considering my predicament.

More scary, perhaps, is the fact that I'm due to board a plane to visit PapaPew in Vienna tomorrow morning. The last thing I want, is to be struck down with the runs in a cramped unsanitary cabinloo whilst thousands of feet in the air. Methinks it's time to break out the anxiolithicums again.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be washing my lucky travelsock right now, but I appear to have lost it a few months ago. When I first realised I'd lost it, I totally flipped. I am superstitiously inclined only when it concerns airplanes. I have a fixed routine that I follow and god forbid something should interfere with that routine.

My girrel, in a brave attempt to calm me down, decided to take on board my utterly bizarre neuroticism, and promised she'd wear odd socks from now on, each time I'd be travelling by plane. To compensate for the lucky travelsock lost.

She must love me.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Thank goodness for progress. You're not hanging above some hole in the ground while the wind... Well, use your imagination ;) I'm sure that even without Kandoo you're relatively well off (please put the emphasis on relatively)

2. Any relation between foresight of plane travel and toilet-ridden situation, you think? :) I would go for a) medication to keep your stomach calm on the plane 2)something to keep you relatively calm on the plane.

3) Why so nervous about flying, I keep on wondering. Any scientific explanation for that one?

4) Your girlfriend must indeed really love you ;)

Alright, that's more than enough. Safe travel! It will be fine. :)

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger Mad Dog said...

Hope you are feeling better...travel safely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home