Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Anglo-Germanic Conspiracy

We're being had.

For the past two weeks, winds from the German industrial Ruhr area have been carrying polluted air into Belgium. Due to the cold weather and the associated temperature inversions, the polluted air is sticking around for a lot longer than it's suposed to. On top of that, the Brits are sending us an opposing weatherfront which doesn't allow the air above belgium to be diffused.

So we're screwed. Basically.

The Flemish Environment Agency has been sending out warnings about the worrying state of the airquality for several days now, and it advises people not to exercise in these conditions. I laughed it off at first, because you know what these types of warnings are generally like. But since yesterday I think I'm actually starting to notice the effects. My heart is definitely working a lot harder than it normally does, despite the fact that I remain practically stationary all day and the only things I ever seem to lift these days are the two index fingers with which I'm attempting to type. I've developed a nasty cough, and I've had several nosebleeds for three days in a row now. Granted, I am a hypochondriac, but the bloody snotrags are quite unimaginary.

I suggest we collectively start flapping our arms and jackets to try and whisk this polluted air off somewhere else. Towards the French, for instance. The Brits and Germans should pick on someone their own size in this battle for fresh air, methinks.

Should all else fail, I will board a plane in a week or two and head for the Isles to bottle some fresh air. I'm taking orders at a eurocent/litre.

2 Comments:

At 6:35 pm, Blogger Dr Jim said...

lol. You are funny.... perhaps we can ascribe your recent deterioration in physical condition to, how did you put it? "the fact that I remain practically stationary all day and the only things I ever seem to lift these days are the two index fingers with which I'm attempting to type"

 
At 7:01 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Shurrup ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home