Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What you asked for...

Who was it again that told me just last night to dream up my possibilities and they'd come true?!? I owe you a pint, girl!!

I'd sheduled an early morning visit to the Doctor's today, but as I had a bit of a late night just last, I cursed when my alarm went off and thought: "man, I could do with a good excuse not to have to go". The idea being that the excuse would allow me to stay IN the bed and keep me from having to face the freezing cold reality out there.

But, like a good lil girl I got up grumpily, shivered my way to the bathroom, splashed water on my face, squeamed myself into my icecold clothes, heated some water, defrosted the windshields of my car and its lock, got in, adjusted the mirrors, yawned, started the car and.... nothing.

Seems I got my excuse. Flat battery.

Excellent. Though somewhat late, don't you think fellas? Shitty cold wheather! *growls* And my bed is no longer warm, of course.

Anyway, I just drew myself a nicely smelling hot bath (rubber ducks included), and I fully intend to soak away for an hour or so, hoping my car somehow magically decides to fix itself at some point.

Or in Douglas Adams's words: It's an SEP.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, Blogger fi said...

Sarah m'girl, just how many years did you live in Britain? Speaking English on a daily basis? And despite all that characteristically British small talk, you still don't know your weather from your whether! ;) x

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

It's those nice lil quirks that make me so very special. Cherish em :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home