Friday, January 27, 2006

Marching Song of the Incompetents

Oh, i know it's in the comment section, but this warrants a blogpost spot. My downthrodden thesis mind hasn't laughed as much for ages. Thanks Ann!

Posted by Ann

"Marching Song of the Incompetents by Donald U. Wise, Professor Emeritus of Structural Geology (please sing to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic"):

My bones proclaim a story of incompetent design
My back still hurts, my sinus clogs, my teeth just won't align
If I had drawn the blueprint I would certainly resign
Incompetent Design!
Evo-Evo-Evolution. Design is but a mere illusion
Darwin sparked our revolution. Science shall prevail!

Apparently this song had its premiere last October when hundreds of geologists sang it enthusiastically at the Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. Dammit, I always knew everyone got to go to more fun conferences than me."

1 Comments:

At 4:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleasure. What's a Friday afternoon if you can't mock and poke fun I say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home