Friday, January 13, 2006

PhD-itis

With the deadline for my thesis hand-in a mere 4 weeks (to the day) away, I've transformed into a right li'l monster. I've taken to growling, barking & biting at everyone who strays into my path (there's a very unfortunate plumber somewhere missing a chunk of his pen since yesterday, just cuz he took a whole precious ten minutes to write up a receipt *cough*). I've also taken to eating my dinners at my desk and carry paper & pen around with me even when I go to the loo, just in case inspiration decides to blindside me. I can't be bothered with perfume and after my morning shower, I hop right back into my favorite scruffs for sheer comfort.

Unfortunately, I also no longer have the time nor the energy to style my new hairdo. So once it's shampoo-ed & rinsed it's left to fend for itself. Which... well, has kind of reduced me to an angry monchichi look-a-like (Remember those??? Unfashionably hip scruffy foreward bangs and general wildness??)



To top it all, here's a nice little conundrum for the displacement-activity needy amongst you:

Input: Pizza, mac&cheese, chocolate, coffee, diet coke
Outome: 1.5 kg weightloss on the scales
Where's the missing matter gone???


(Imagine the following printed upsidedown, as if in real puzzle books) Answer: Effin' STRESS, THAT's where it's gone!!! Long live Academia!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:23 am, Blogger Dr Jim said...

Weightloss, lol! What's the most energy expensive organ in the body?

...you must be using a lot of it?

Answers on a postcard.

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

The index finger.
*stupid mouse*

Or the vocal chords.
*growls*

Don't seem to be using much else these days.
*vacant expression*

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Dr Jim said...

Don't forget those zygomatic facial muscles. They must be getting a hell of a work out; all that screwing up from incomprehensible thought processes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home