Friday, August 05, 2005

Elevenses

I can bend my toes to such an extent that they actually disappear underneath my feet. That, combined with my freakishly long toes and the three hairs that grace my big toe, have earned my otherwise perfectly normal feet the nickname: Hobbit Feet.

It seems, however, that I have developed another Hobbit-trait these past three weeks. Since being back home, I have taken to a daily mealplanning which now includes not only breakfast, lunch and dinner, but also second breakfast, elevenses, afternoon tea, four o'clockses and supper.

In spite of this, my weight has been tumbling downwards. In the past 8 weeks, I have shed a full 8kgs (17.6 pounds). Some of it initially quite consciously so, but the last three weeks there simply seems to be no stopping it. Although I've always known that "little and often" is the way to go in terms of healthy mealplanning, I'm still a little surprised. Still, I'm not complaining. This morning I saw a number on the scales that I've not seen since I was 15, and although weighing scales are not the right way to measure your general bill of health, the girlie side of me couldn't help but revell in it.

Still, this is about as far as I intend to take the hobbit-traits. The toe-hairs, all 3 of them, have been removed, a new tatoo on my foot has been strategically placed to draw attention away from my freakishly long toes, and there shall be NO MORE toe-bending!!!! You hear?!!!

One's always welcome to stop by for second breakfast, elevenses, afternoon tea, four o'clockses or supper though... ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home