Sunday, July 31, 2005

Genius

During a power failure earlier on today, the electricity company decided to send out its cleverest tool in the box to go fix the faulty line. The bright lad intelligently managed to chase a good 380V through the otherwise 220V lines in the power-up attempt that followed his repair. As a result, a good few hundred households in Flanders are spending their otherwise rather boring Sundayevening, busily filling out insurance forms to claim for their entire lot of household devices, all of which, needless to say, got nicely fried.

Genius. Sheer genius.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw that on the telly I immediatly unplugged all my music gear from the mains. That would be my greatest nightmare.

PS: I anyhow unplug them when there's a storm, and my pc, and the telly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home