Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bust-a-Move

Since Fi and I split, we've both been househunting elsewhere to find a place to ourselves. I targetted Edinburgh for a while but came up empty. Unless I was ready to spend half my student wages on rent, there was no way of moving there without sharing a flat with another person. Call me an old git, but I rather like the indepence of a flat to myself and I'm not quite ready to take the step back to sharing.

The whole splitting up situation has, quite logically, taken up rather a lot of time that would have otherwise been wisely spent on my PhD write up. So this weekend I had to resign to a temporary solution: moving back home for 2 or 3 months. I'm not complaining: it'll allow me to save money, I get time to rekindle with my old friends, and for the first time in over six years I have a dishwasher at my disposal :D A fact not to be taken lightly!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home