Friday, April 15, 2005

Train Survival

I've been terrified of the railway system in britain ever since I moved here.

If the number of accidents don't scare you off, the fares will. But I had to go to Keele yesterday to pick up some equipment at uni and the prospect of yet another 9 hours behind the wheel finally swayed me into hopping on a train.

By the time I got back to Stirling yesterday evening, I was 100 quid out of pocket but I DID develop some highly effective tactics to avoid the rush-hour seat limitations:
1) plug a piece of toiletpaper up your noise*
2) eat a hard boiled egg with gusto
3) reply to everyone in flemish
4) generally look confused

FOUR seats to myself on an overcrowded train! Bet the missus is VERY proud of me ;-)

*I had a nosebleed... in case you were wondering ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home