Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Fire in the woods

Yesterday, after what seemed like ages, I finally finished the analysis of my patient-data. It's been weeks and weeks of staring at the laptop-screen, writing macros, entering numbers, doing stats and drawing up graphs. And I've finally finished. It's a bizarrely satisfying feeling. Although I know that as of April 17th, I will have to start the same routine all over again on the datasets of my healthy controls. Still, it's a momentous occasion in the run-up to finalising this PhD of mine.

So tonight, I'm going out to celebrate. Some of our mates have organised a "fire-in- the-woods" party and as of 5pm this afternoon, I shall be heading to the kick-off of it all with a bag of torches, warm jumpers and drinks. (It's spring, so I've decided to live dangerously for once and will forsake the thermal blanket, iodine tablets, compass, OS-map and rescue flares).

Right. Off to make my supply of White-Russians for this evening. Kahlua! ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home