Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Writer's Blog

My appologies for the lack of entries in this blog these past 10 days. Apart from suffering complete and utter writers block, we've been entertained by Father Fluff (a.k.a Dave) these past three days, as he came for a long awaited visit.

As expected, the days were filled with highly amusing tall stories and good food. Fi took us to the William Wallace in town on Saturday and I subsequently got massively tipsy off a mere pint. I probably should drink more often. Dave attached himself to my jacket to steer me home safely, for which I was very grateful as I was in grave danger of being attacked by garden fences and house walls.



On Sunday, Fi and Dave were set to go to Murrayfield to watch the Six Nations Rugby game between Wales and Scotland. Both were highly excited and dressed for the occasion. Fi in Scotland shirt and Dave, somewhat bizarrely, in his Ireland shirt. After an unpleasant episode involving a girl crashing her bike down our road at what MUST have been the speed of light, a subsequent concussion and a quick rescue mission, we finally made it to a Scottish kilt- & Welsh dragon-flooded Edinburgh. When I met up with the two of them several hours later, they were both very pink-cheeked and bright-eyed having thoroughly enjoyed the game, despite Scotland losing 22-46 to Wales.

When Dave left on Monday, the house instantly felt empty, despite being left with stacks of chocolate, two Begonias, bottles of wine and a smell of french cheese/fish/catfood which we can't seem to get rid of. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home