Monday, December 03, 2007

Flying Post

Time seems to fly faster with each day that passes. Maybe I’m just having too much fun. Fact of the matter is, I struggle to find enough time to write (be it blog or other), despite a strong desire to. I feel like I’m forever playing catch-up with my own memories and thoughts. In fact, I'm on the plane as I write this. These really are stolen moments.

However, after a rather tough September and October (professionally and privately), it seems like the tide is turning. The last few weeks have been pretty amazing: Jo’s been over for a lengthy 10-day visit, and I’ve just returned from a weekend in Glasgow. We both had our birthdays these last two weeks, so it’s been like an extended double celebration.

We made little outings to the national cyclocross competition (jo dragged me off around the entire track just to pick a viewer’s spot on the ultimate “crash-section” of the track), the Ghent 6-days of indoor cycling (I figured out half-way through the competition that Jo really hadn’t the foggiest notion of scoring or regulations, so I had to turn a rather inebriated fan sat next to me for a more confusing -but accurate- explanation), the STRP festival in Eindhoven (Roisin Murphy, 2Many DJs and lots of alternative art exhibits) and Glasgow (shopping and fantastic birthday night out with Jo’s gene-pool).

I’m going to leave the full account of the latter up to Jo, as she’s undoubtedly bursting to tell. I, on the other hand, am knackered. So I’m just going to throw on a few pics (mobile phone pics, so low quality)




- A happy welcome home -

- Happy Scot devouring bedtime birthday cake -

-Diagonal cycling -

- Mechanical Hand (photo courtesy of STRP.nl) -

- White Visions (photo courtesy of STRP.nl) -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home