Thursday, March 01, 2007

Skunk!!!!... in Boots

Dr.Jim's shop-o-holic other half Louise came over for a visit last weekend and as logic would suggest, we hit the shops big time. Unfortunately, neither of us were in "The Zone" much, so the spending spree was rather limited. Louise, however, is uncannily good at goading me into doing things. After we'd walked into some random shoe-shop, she strutted up to me with a pair of VERY girlie boots and with a defiant look on her face, said: "Go on. Get in!!" Now, I don't know what it is about girls with Yorkshire accents, but my resistance simply melts like snow in the sun and of course, I got in.

Partly to get Louise off my back but largely because I knew she was right, I decided to buy the boots. And today was my first opp to try them on. I had a meeting in Antwerp (what one wouldn't do for a bit of networking), so I decided to smarten up a little, strapped on my boots and added about an inch to my height. I'm still not sure I understand how you girlies get into to those things. It took me about 10 minutes just to slip on the one boot.



Anyway, for future reference, it's best to boot up AFTER you've taken the 30-odd stair-steps down to your garage. And when you release the clutch while driving, it's best to unhook the tip of your boot from the car frame. I stumbled twice during the meeting. Or, as a friend of mine so eloquently put it: "Seriously Sar, it was like watching Bambi trying to walk on ice!" But I'm sure she's just stolen that reference from an old Friends episode. Ten points to the person who knows which.

Anyway, after checking the mirror, I realise I'd better take in my trousers a bit, because while the ruffled up jeans look goes well with my normal shoes, it's not exactly classy on boots. But hurray to the lesbian for trying right?!?! ;)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home