Thursday, February 22, 2007

Conservapedia

Have to keep it short, as I have a guest, but I just couldn't resist mentioning Conservapedia.

*shudders*

Just have a random browse on it if you've got time to spare. Prize will go to the person who spots the most hilarious or most cringeful entry.

It's pretty appalling. Like this entry or the gross omission of this. And if we're talking about bias: how can anyone get an unbiased perspective from entries like this and this.

Its definition of Wikipedia and the list of "proof of bias" on the other hand simply made me cringe. What one doesn't have to swallow in order to maintain the status quo of Freedom of Speech.

And on another note:


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this one: God. Read the last sentence.
I really don't know whether to laugh 'till I cry or think sad thoughts.

 
At 10:35 am, Blogger Disco said...

I like some of the entries they've found over at Cosmic Variance, although somebody's seen fit to edit the Stalin entry.

 
At 10:51 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

I know *grin*, I just read their post this morning. I think I'll have some browse time on it after the weekend to hunt down some more stuff. It's fascinating in a strangely masochistic way...

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Disco said...

Okay, I have some more ;-)

1. Fox News
2. Moon
3. Cactus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home