Thursday, March 01, 2007

Media Ownership

I'm thinking quite a few countries could do with following the US's Federal Communications Commission's attempts to reshape a few Media Ownership Rules.

"The FCC gathers public comment as it considers revising its media ownership rules, which help protect viewpoint diversity by limiting the number of newspapers, TV and radio stations a single company may own or control."

I'd say Italy, for starters, could certainly do with such regulations. For a full list of who owns what in the UK, please follow this link. (I'm still trying to track down a list for Belgium... bare with me)

(Via Reclaim The Media)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:47 pm, Blogger SaneScientist said...

Since I like to blog in the nude, I am always bare with you Pew :-)

How long would you like to ban me for? A week, seems fair. I'll get me coat.

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

lol. Naaah, it's faaaaar too much fun to see you embarrass yourself on a public forum ;-) It's kinda like watching a miniature disaster...

grin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home