Monday, February 12, 2007

Faffing & Geekiness reach all time high

Some PhD students clearly have far too much time on their hands: How Gay is your Starsign

Also, since I no longer live in Britain and therefore can't participate in any of the exciting competitions myself, I have decided that my brit-based scientist friends have to participate for me. It's Famelab auditions again! Jim, Ann, Od, Lynn, Fi, Bino, Rob... get in!

One I can and will try for (and would recommend to anyone with an interest in public understanding of science): Science in School Webzine.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm - not sure "Geekiness" is something FameLab is looking for but, reading your stuff, it's a pity you won't be in the UK to put your humour into action. It's a pity you don't live in Bulgaria, Austria, Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Israel or Azerbaijan, as well - they're all running a FameLab this year. You need to talk to your local British Council office, and convince them that Belgium needs FameLab as much as Britain needs chips!

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

cheers Timandra. Coming from you that is a compliment! (Yes I googled you ;-)

 
At 11:08 pm, Blogger Disco said...

You do realise this particular interest marks you out as a pus person? I think you need to start making badges.

 
At 5:37 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Ok, you've got me all confuddled now. What's a pus person?? And badges? Yes please.

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Disco said...

Public Understanding of Science. You know, that whitish-yellow substance that's produced during inflammatory responses of the body? I can see a whole badge design concept now. Okay, it's been a long day...

Not sure if that's why some people seem to prefer "Public Engagement in Science." In fact, I think I prefer it, definitely more inclusive and, wouldn't you know, there go those pesky P S E letters again. I see patterns everywhere...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home