Friday, January 26, 2007

Suicide Bunnies

I spent the entire day strolling around Ghent today, because I felt I deserved a day off after all the hard work that goes into being so very unemployed. I'm not suposed to hear back from either of the two jobs I interviewed for until late next week and there's really only so much faffing one can do before the mind starts to believe that realigning the coffee-cups in your cupboard is a highly valid achievement for the day.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular really, except that I sort of wanted to buy some "creative" tools. I intend to redecorate one of the rooms in the house and while I have a vague notion of where I want to go with it, the exact strategy of how to get there, has yet to come to me. As tends to happen when one wanders into an exciting shop without a purposefully designed shopping list, I came out with loads of stuff I've no clue how to use.

A quick peak in my bag tells me I have netted 4 cans of spraypaint (grey, orange, brown and blue), two artist's spatulas, 3 paintbrushes, 6 canvasses, 12 tubes of acrylic paint, a stanley knife and a bottle of white spirit. When the shopattendend asked me whether I needed spraycaps for wide or narrow angle, I got a little flustered. Because I have no clue what she was on about, I decided on a wide angle as I assume wide can be made narrow with a little effort?! *ahem*

Because I had arranged to help out my cousin in the evening and then to go out clubbing with a friend after, I decided not to go home but to take my freshly caught haul of books to Het Lepelblad, as it's one of the few places in town that will allow you to just sit there reading for hours over one cup of coffee. Unfortunately, the nightclubbing got cancelled so I decided to come home and spend my evening figuring out what exactly I am going to do with all the stuff I bought today. Ideas welcome.

In the meantime, I would like to leave you with a few pages of two highly entertaining books (The Bunny Suicides and Great Lies to Tell Small Kids) by Andy Riley. I bought the sequels today and while they are not as funny as the first two, they are still pretty damn good.



From "The Bunny Suicides":





From "Great Lies to Tell Small Kids":


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tweenies one is good - I might print it and leave it around for my little cousin to see. haha

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Let me just state for the record, that I will not be held accountable for the impending nightmares and bedwetting. Knock yourself out ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home