Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Plan at Last

After almost 4 weeks of intensive Spanish classes in Santiago, I am just about ready to move on. Despite weeks of deliberate procrastination, a rough idea for a route has materialised, et le voila. If you fancy a closer look, simply click the image for a larger version. I expect to finish the South American leg of my trip in Lima by the start of February.

I doubt my funds will last me beyond that date, so if anyone has any tips as to how to get my hands on one of those precious canadian work-permits, do drop me a line ;-)

At any rate, I am leaving Santiago on Monday-evening, catching a 10-hour ride on the nightbus to Pucon, where I will spend a few days in the vincinity of no less than 7 active volcanoes. Expect pictures, displays of sheer geek-excitement and the return of normal blog-style before too long now ;-)

red route: Pew goes solo
blue route: Pew teams up with Mama Pew for 17-days

5 Comments:

At 5:42 am, Blogger SaneScientist said...

Do a postdoc :-)

Of course if you do come to Canada, I will have to buy you a Tim Hortons!

 
At 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way, i didn;t realise that you were going to be heading through Uruguay!?!

From the far side as well...well, if you get time, you should try and visit the place my dad was born and grew up in - Fraebentos!

quite a sleepy wee place, but sunsets to die for....mind you, no doubt you're already getting sick of those 'setting sun/sleepy rays/crazy cloud formation'-type dusks!?!

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Yip Uruguay, but briefly :) Never get sick of sunsets ey!!

And which one are you... I've got three friends with dads born in Urguguay lol, which one are you?!? I should disable my anonymous comment-options. Far too curious for my own good ;)

 
At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, apologies..i was in a rush and had to run out the door! didn;t realise what i'd done, posting anonymous comments that is....ooops.

hands up, t'was MEEE!!!

richard
xx

 
At 1:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i was the one who was accusing you of regressing into your stalker activities again too!!!

(hmm, there's something hypocrytical about posting a comment like that annonymously, i've only just come to realise...)

ahhh well

richard
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home