Friday, February 25, 2005

After 20years, I have finally bought myself some skiboots. I've always found them too expensive. And for that one week's worth of use each year, it didn't seem worth it. But now I'm in Scotland... well... I kinda have to don't I :-)

I got them from a mountaingear shop in town that was having a 20% discount night for students. Initially I'd just tagged along with The Fluff, who was on the hunt for climbing gear. But then I saw them... the exact ones I'd been dying to get. Holy double padded flexicomfort!!!! Anyway, to make a long story short... I bought them. I'll just have to eat beans for the rest of the semester :-)



We ended up chatting to the store-owner while my boots were being heat-fitted and found ourselves invited up to Glenshee this Sunday to testdrive next year's ski and snowboard gear for the manufacturers. It just doesn't get any better than that! I'm determined now to get a good Friday and Saturday's worth of data-analysis done, so we can head out to Glenshee at 6am on Sunday. Try out those puppies and get my first experience on Scottish snow!

Which probably means I should stop blogging and get on with work... *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home