Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Infinite

When Poet and Scientist romance:

- “I love you to infinity and beyond!”
- “Well that’s a bit redundant.”
- “Ey?”
- “The beyond bit. It’s redundant.”
- “What?”
- “Infinity has no beyond.”
- “Yes it does.”
- “No it doesn’t. Infinity is never-ending, therefore there is no beyond. The beyond itself is part of infinity. So it’s redundant.”
- “That’s not true. Infinity is an entity in its own right and as such, it has a beyond.”
- “No, it’s plain basic physics my dear.”
- “No, it’s semantics dear.”
- “Well then.”
- “Well then.”

Silence.

- “I love you too by the way.”
- “Good.”
- “Hm.”

3 Comments:

At 9:01 pm, Blogger Pathological procrastinator said...

Hmm, I recall a certain respected scientist uttering that same famed Buzz Lightyear expression just yesterday! :-p

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Only cuz I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying :p

(jus' messin'. EYE MEANT IT!)

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Disco said...

The poems of science ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home