Monday, August 27, 2007

Mozzies on the loose

When I woke up yesterday morning, my right eye was swollen shut. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong, until my left eye was drawn to a bloody spot on the wall. It all came flooding back to me: I'd gotten up in the middle of the night, delirious with sleep, because a runaway mozzie had tickled my ear. Apparently I'd succeeded in hunting down and squashing said mozzie, as it was now spread out in a bloody smear on my wall.

I revel in not having to leave the house on a Sunday-morning, but this weekend, I'd forgotten the milk in the boot of my car, making it impossible for me to draft the essential morning caffeine shot. Which meant that I had to leave the house WITH the swollen eye in tow.

Let me tell you something: People stare. And if they rudely and unabashedly stare at something as simple as a Quasimodo-ish swollen eye, then how hellish must life be for people with a slightly bigger impairment?!? Bit of a reality check right there.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehm, how does the mosquito explain the swollen eye? did it tickle you there too after which you thumped yourself a swollen eye?

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Well it stung me, bang on the eye, is what it is is what it is...

 
At 10:09 pm, Blogger Mad Dog said...

I've had that too; it's awful. I'll keep my fingers crossed you won't get infected with West Nile Virus :

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1931594

 

Post a Comment

<< Home