Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pew The Professional

It's a lovely rainy day in Vienna and I've just enjoyed one of my last weekday lie-ins for a while to come. Because yes, ladies and gents, Dr.Pew is about to turn professional. After 9 years of university dwindeling I'm cutting up my studentcard. I've hung up my travelling cloak for temporary safe storage and as of March 14th, I will become an official member of the daily rat-race. And you've no idea just how stoked I am.

After a successful interview two weeks ago, I have accepted a joboffer from a lovely, small but dynamic company in the northern realms of Belgium. To respect the privacy of my colleagues and the company, I do not intent to blog on work-related matters, unless the matter at hand is appropriately distantiated blogmaterial.

As of next wednesday, I'll start work as a Scientific Management Consultant and I think the job will be nicely challenging. It will combine work and experience in three very diverse fields (science, biz and communication), so I doubt I will get bored. I have to admit that I am slightly nervous. It's been years since I've had to function within a more rigid structure and I am curious as to what the transition will be like. But the team looks fun and interesting and I think I've a lot to learn from them all. Fingers crossed I can live up to the standards!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 pm, Blogger Disco said...

Congratulations ;-) Sounds like a challenge right up your street. You'll have to let me know off-Blog what the work entails; it certainly sounds interesting and I'm sure you'll surpass the standards ;-)

 
At 3:28 pm, Blogger Rita said...

Congrats! I wish you all the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home