Monday, April 24, 2006

Growing Problem

I have a slight problem.

I've grown. A whole 2 centimeters. Which now makes me 1m65 instead of 1m63. Or 5ft5 instead of 5ft4.

I realise most of you would not consider this a problem. But the thing is, I HAVE actually passed puberty. A whole 8 years ago. So there's no reason I should grow any further. Not so suddenly at least. A friend of mine suggested I may be suffering from delayed onset of Gigantasism. Another's asked me whether I tend to sleep like a bat. All VERY helpful, guys, thanks.

If I grow another centimeter, I've decided, I will go see my doctor. I can just imagine THAT conversation. *sigh*. She already suspects I'm a pathologic hypochondriac as it is.

Until an official medical affliction has been established however, I would like to state that I now no longer qualify as a short-arse. 5ft5 is a VERY respectable height indeed, and I would therefore like to request that those of you who've nicknamed me "shortie", "short-arse","wee un", "wee belge", "ickle un", "saartje", "kleine", etc... would refrain from doing so till further notice. You all know who you are.

6 Comments:

At 7:37 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

My blog's been acting up, at least what concerns the comments... Sorry Michiel ;-) I'm reposting your comment here in the vain hope that it will work this time:

Mimusic said:
did you measure your length in the evening or in the morning?
we do shrink during the day from just being in the upright position you know... this can explain 2 cm of difference between the morning and evening.

cheers,
mi

 
At 7:41 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

And now my reply to your comment...

Yip. I ALWAYS measure myself in the morning, just like I always weigh myself in the morning... basic research skills: the initial experimental conditions need to be kept as much alike as possible ey ;-)

And I have most definitely grown. I am both taller in the mornings and the evenings. But do keep coming up with suggestions...

 
At 8:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this a case of 'Fat-shoes'?

one of the distinct disadvantages of fashion could have attributed to such confusion over your aforementioned troubles...the affliction of the 'high-heeled' shoe. I believe such issues may arise from the adornment of another strain of foot item - the 'platform shoe'. Being of the vertically challenged maybe you were unaware of your subconscious luring you into wearing a pair of these height extending accessories?

Somehow, i think this may not be the case though...hmmm.

another thought; maybe after years of walking around barefoot you have begun to develop a build up of hardened skin on the soles of your cheesy-platters, thus, gradually increasing your height?

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

You worry me, ranger-boi ;-)

First u suggest it's my bat-like sleeping patterns, then you suggest my fashion sense might contribute to my battling a height complex and now you imply I have callous feet. You do know how to woo a lady :p

As for the fashion sense... when have you EVER spotted a lesbian in high heels? I realise you're new to the lesbian biotope, so you're somewhat excused. But your homework for the day shall be to take out those binoculars & your lomograph and indulge in a bit of bird-spotting with a twist: find me one of the lesbian variety, WITH high heels. If you do find the exception to the rule, I shall snail mail u a kick-ass hash brownie.

;-)

 
At 11:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you measured yourself in the same geographical spot ? And the same moonphase ? Maybe you just keep on oscillating depending on gravity ;-)

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Anonymous anonymous... you can't do that to me!! I'm dead curious about these things...I wanna know who comments :p

So in true procrastination style I went off on a detective hunt. And what do you know... it led me straight to the RUG PhD procrastinators. With a little help from wise-man Dr.Phil I now know the floor your office is on and the number of your room ;-) How stalker-like is that?!? Yay me! I think I've just found my next job...

Anyway, I'm fairly confident I do keep oscillating with gravitational cycles, yes, so why don't you and I go for a drink when the next lunar gravitational cycle reaches its max levels? It's been a while!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home