Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Carpenter - Part I

Some people have a really strange sense of logic.

I'd been working into the wee hours last night so was in dire need of a good lie-in. Unfortunately I was rudely awoken by the doorbell at 9am. Feeling rather grumpy, I just turned over and covered my head under the pillow in an attempt to ignore it. Yet, the doorbell rings a second time. Not for the customary polite 2 seconds. No no. A whole fucking minute!!!

Even less inclined to open the door, I grab my earplugs (yes, I always have those handy) and dive back under the duvet. For a blissful ten minutes all's silent and there's me happily snuggled up thinking: "Yay!!! I won!!!"

Unforunately, some people don't let up. So a half an hour of unrelenting ringing later, I finally conceat defeat and in a total strop, go down to open the door.

It was the local carpenter asking if it'd be ok if he'd come around tomorrow to fix a few things around the house. Still in a total grump, I shrug my shoulders and say: "Sure, whatever." To which HE says: "Perfect! I just wanted to pass by to let you know I'll ring u this afternoon to arrange to meet tomorrow."

AAaaaaargh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home