Friday, October 28, 2005

Two left feet and stranded on dry land...

I have two left feet. That, and a rather useless sense of balance. But I'm also particularly stubborn. Which is why I landed flat out on my face in the gym yesterday. I was attempting to stand on a swiss ball. It's an exercise which is geared at improving core strength, but clearly a little too advanced for this foolish git. Thank god I generally retreat to a shielded-off part of my gym for my exercises, so no one was there to witness my rather disastrous attempt. I immediately climbed back on in an effort to restore my confidence, but failed. So... I headed for the showers in defeat. I undressed, walked into the cubicle and pressed the button in eager anticipation of a nice hot beam to ease my bruises. But nothing happened. Right then, a voice on speaker-box announced that "due to technical difficulties, the water supply will be shut off for the next 45 minutes". I couldn't help but laugh. Serves me right for waking up all cocky ;-) Anyway, I wrapped myself in my towel and headed for the sauna instead. It didn't help. I still looked like a bruised peach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home