Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sneeze Defeat

I'm ill.

*loud cough to prove the point in case*

I'm also feeling very sorry for myself. Was ill the better part of yesterday too, but this morning I cleverly decided that I simply wasn't going to be ill anymore and went into town for a pinch of retail therapy.

I pity the fool...

I sneezed my way through the bookshop. Ran out of tissue by the time I hit the outdoor store. Barely survived a coughing fit on my way to the restaurant and eventually settled down with what -I assume- was a very delicious organic mushroom soup. I can only guess, as the dozens of lozenges successfully numbed anything but my painful throat.

By the time I'd finished my soup, I'd conceded defeat. I apologised to my lunch buddy and drove my sorry arse back home. Instantly changed back into my jimmy jams, pulled the duvet off my bed and snuggled up in front of the tele with a hot cuppa tea and possibly the only movie that has always managed to make me feel better: SNEAKERS! Ahhh, to be 13 again...

Promise to come back with higher quality postings (and less sentences starting with the word "I") once the vites kick in *loud sneeze*

3 Comments:

At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ill too.
Ever since I've left Portugal, I've had this frog in my throat and dripping nose accompanying. Must be the season, or are we just weak this time a year? Anyway... it's been two weeks now and I'm fed up with it. Tomorrow I decide to end it and be alive again. Just that you know.

 
At 8:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... and about Sneekers... the driver isn't realy blind you know. And at the end... the young guy does not get peace for all people in the world. It's a great movie, a feel good movie, so... perfect for when you're ill. Please send the tape to Vienna... sure could use it right now!

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

the movie is GRREAT! Even if the driver isn't blind and they don't get peace and goodwill to everyone on earth. I shall NOT send to the tape to Vienna, as postage costs will most likely cost more than simply purchasing it on DVD off ebay. Two words... Retail Therapy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home