Sunday, October 23, 2005

Fashion Victim

I came up with the bright idea to scan & digitize all my old photoalbums. It was actually a really good laugh. Nothing beats pictures of yourself living the 80's full on. Fluorescence and bad haircuts abundant! As I scrolled through all the digitized images, it became increasingly clear that I have never really had a defined sense of style. It's hard to pinpoint my clothing in a category other than merely "casual". Growing up as a non-heterosexual geek without an older sister to steer me on course, I am quite logically fashion-ly challenged in more ways than one.

The past few months, I have started attempts at correcting this offset. I've discovered there is such a thing as a "colour-palette", which apparently needs to be chosen with utmost care. Judging by the psychedelic rainbow pile in my closet, I was a long way off finding mine. But after weeks of browsing, consulting friends, matching and cursing, I think I may have finally found my palette. And I have cleverly demonstrated it in the first pic ;-)

When a good friend *subtly* suggested this week that I "really ought to do something about that hair", I decided to finally bite the bullet on that front as well. I've long-standing issues with hairdressers, but a hot tip and a phonecall have finally resulted in a haircut I can actually live with (Thx Belle ;-)). Et voila le resultat.



PS: The digitisation activity spurred on the building of a small new website which should be up and running by Monday. Will be back with the details of the link then

2 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the mohawk you told me you were gonna get?!?! ;-)

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Did I say "mohawk"?! Oh I'm sorry... I meant "mullet" ;-) Rest assured, I have got some weird sticky out things going on in the back though the pics do not show it. I actually need gel. *panicked look*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home