Saturday, August 27, 2005

Moving pictures

So I caved in and went to see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie on Friday night. I shall reserve comment on it, but I have one observation to make. Why is it that some people who are actually gorgeous in real life or on camera, actually never look that way in still images? It's almost like the still image just erases the spark of these people.

Point in case being Zooey Deschanel (a.k.a Tricia McMillan, a.k.a Trillian). Never mind the film, the woman had something utterly disarming & I couldn't put my finger on what it was exactly that did it. In one of my sadder geek moments this weekend, I actually googled her *hangs head in shame* and came across nowt but very disappointing stills of her. No spark, no charm, no bubbliness just some standard clean basic beauty. Why is that?

Is THAT why there are NO good pictures of myself?!?! Cuz I have such a sparkle that cannot be caught on paper?!?! *grin*

And in an attempt to redeem the geekiness of google-ing a celeb: It's all under the heading of "investigative research". Once a scientist *geek*, always a scientist *geek* ;-)

2 Comments:

At 4:55 pm, Blogger Dr Jim said...

I know precisely what you mean! I did the same, to no avail ;-)

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

Ohh yay! I have been redeemed ;-) Investigative research! For the lost sparkle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home