Wednesday, August 24, 2005

two left hands and a hammer

I like hammers. A lot.

So when a red squirrel started scrambling back&forth across our garden with a bunch of nuts from our Oak tree & the Hazelnut bush, I came up with a cunning plan for my latest displacement activity: I was going to build a squirrel feeder!


Yes, Im sure the little fella was getting on ok on its own, but did I mention I like hammers???

So after my medical appointment this morning I popped into our local DIY store, ruler in my backpocket, scribbly instructions on a post-it note and a huge big grin on my face. It took me a while to locate everything I needed, as I appear to be rather blonde and have no clue what the proper names for things are. I suspect I provided the morning's entertainment for a few of the workmen in store, what with all the pointing, miming and gesticulating.

However, a bruised thumb, several bent nails and loud scream later, there it was: a wonkey wooden mass that somewhat resembled the picture on my sketchpad :-) Unfortunately, I cannot hang the darn thing anywhere as there are cats around and the last thing I want is to have cold blooded squirrel-murder on my conscience. But at least my hammer needs have been satisfied for the time being. Mission accomplished!

PS: I DO actually work on the PhD too you know... Just be grateful I don't blog about THAT ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home