Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hot Hot Heat

Right. I'm back.

I know the southern Europeans among you might not have noticed the heatwave that's struck us these past few days (or in Val's words: "really? a heatwave? I think it's fairly normal for where I am"). Well, for those of us not lucky enough to be stranded in ROME (!!!!) on a daily basis, it's been quite a miraculous start to the summer.

Having said that, my enthousiasm about the 3.5km run I embarked on at 8 o'clock this morning rapidly deteriorated as soon as I set off, and by the time I got home I had to be rescued from the delusion that I was Lawrence of Arabia, struggling to find my bit of oasis. Or 'tapwater' as my mum kindly reminded me.

I used the entire village's water supply on a refreshing shower afterwards, and I feel no remorse.

For those of you who haven't caught on, I am back in Belgium for the time being, and I am ready to receive phonecalls and invitations to do exciting things. This is not a despairing hint, merely a chance to give you lot an opportunity to set up a meet&greet with me on your own terms, rather than me turning up at your doorstep, work, jamboree class or swimming lessons on MY terms. Take it or leave it. I did warn you!

correction:

*Aaaaaaaand I almost left my mobile number on here for you....
thank god the brain kicked in just then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home