Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Morning Routines



You know that delightful feeling of gradually waking up with a beam of sunlight on your head? The warm body that spoons you while you gently drift in and out of the remnants of last night's dream? The gentle stretching of your limbs? That invigorating morning yawn before you hit the alarm button and turn over for another delicious snooze?

I miss those days.

These days my wake-up routine entails something of a furry, and rather more abrupt, nature. Through the night, our little toxoplast gradually stalks his way up our duvet. So when that delightful beam of sunlight first stirs me in the morning, I open my eyes to find... two big green eyes staring back at me. It is NOT the gentlest way to start your day.

Moreover, when he gets hungry, he consistently walks across my chest and over my head to annoy me into getting up. What puzzles me is that I have NEVER given into this, and it is always FI who feeds him his breakfast. So why does he hassle me?

I'm starting to believe it's a plot. Against me. And they are both in it. For when Fi finally gets up to feed both herself and Leo, I gratefully take over the whole bed and try to grab the 5 minute pester-free snooze time I feel I deserve. But a mere 2 minutes later, Leo is back on the bed, licking his lips loudly and approaching me with a godawful fish breath. It takes me a whole minute to chase him off the bed with the water pistol.

- Wet Leo -

Hand on the weapon for safety, I finally turn over for a second attempt at snoozing. I've just closed my eyes again when finally Fi comes out of the kitchen and commands: "cum un!". My cue to go join her.

It's been 4 months now since I've last had a decent snooze.

H.E.L.P. M.E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home