Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Valentine

I'm early, I realise.

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's personally, but my girrel is rather more romantically inclined, so I am quite a willing loved-up victim this time around. We decided to make something for each other, rather than buy the usual crap. Not the brightest of ideas, in hindsight.

Last weekend, after a delightfully long brunch with a friend, I decided to stroll into Schleiper for some inspiration. Out of habit, I walked straight up to the spray paint section, but then I realised there'd be very little surprise for her in that. I finally came up with an idea that took me an ENTIRE Sunday to make. And I'm kinda proud of the result, hoping that it will tug at my girrel's heartstrings.

And then Jo rang me.

"Hey babe, what you up to?"
"I just finished yer prezzie and lemme tell you, in terms of manhours, it is waaaaay more expensive than any other gift I could've got you"
"Yay!"
"So how're you getting on with mine?"
"Well. Not. I can't decide. I've so many ideas. Oh, but I did eliminate one idea."
"Which one?"
"Well, I was gonna make you a wee dough heart, you know, with flour and salt?"
"U serious?"
"Wha?"
"It took you two weeks to eliminate the idea of dough hearts?"
"Uhuh"
"Christ. Yer going to make me sock-puppets or summat aren't you?"
"Babe, even that's way too elaborate for me."
"So hang on... I spend 10 hours making your prezzie, and I'm not even entitled sock-puppets?"
"It's the thought that counts hun."
"Yeah, but, dough hearts?!?"
"Yip."

I think next year, we're going back to bookvouchers.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 am, Blogger Pathological procrastinator said...

Well, for someone who struggles to cook fullstop, let alone bake anything - I think dough hearts would be quite an achievement ;-p

But to be fair, I wouldn't really want to bake something were I couldn't scoff the mixture lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home