Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The New Pad

Well, I think I'm just about settled in now. The Ghent Parties have come and gone and the silence has finally returned to the city. Jo came over for a ten-day holiday, which we spent on moving my stuff into my new flat, shaking a leg at the parties and general snuggling up to compensate for the 4 weeks we had to miss each other. I have plenty of stories to tell, but my Harry Potter book arrived yesterday so I'm itching to clammer onto my sofa with it for the next few hours.

My psychotherapist informed that it'd be wise to allocate a fixed time in my schedule to get my personal time protected and organised. This wasn't a particularly new observation or insight, but considering I've totally lost the boundaries in terms of personal space and work/social space of late, I take it it's advise best followed. So I've booked two hours on Saturday to sit down and write this blog. Feel free to chastidize me if I fail to follow up on my own schedule ;-)

For now, I'd like to leave u with a few pics of my flat. I know it'll take some of u a while to come and visit me again so here's the sneak peak:


-My Lounge, which is still missing a six-pack of chairs n wall-art, but all in good time-

- My kitchen -

- View from my sofa, at night -

- View from my bedroom window/balcony at dawn -

- View from the lounge, at night -

- View on the happy lazy sunday mornings when ma girrel is visiting -

4 Comments:

At 10:08 am, Blogger Dr Jim said...

Well this looks just fantastic Sar, fantastic. What a great view too! Do you get all the bells chiming through your pad too?

Look forward to seeing it! ;-)

 
At 4:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bells?? *tries hard not to succumb to the hunchback impression* Yes, you can certainly hear the bells and as this is a public forum i shall keep my rant free of profanities! The best time to listen to said instrument is about, oh, 3am any morning during the festivals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what is that all about?!?! What self-respecting-church-bell-ringing person is ding-donging at that ridiculous hour?!?! Apart from that, the flat is lovely *giggles*

 
At 2:11 pm, Blogger Rita said...

Very, very cool. Best place in Gent to live. :)

 
At 7:56 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

(Jim)> You're just going to have to come and check it out ey bud! ;-)

(Jo)> Easy Tiger. Lol. The bells did keep me awake, albeit indirectly. Cuz, while I didn't hear them bells, there was no escaping the scottish stream of swearwords surfacing from underneath the covers at 3am. And 4am. And 5am.

(Rita)> I agree ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home