Thursday, June 07, 2007

home...

It's two weeks before I get handed the key to my new home. That's also when the mortgage officially starts and I've been having wee flaps about the commitment I'm about to sign in on. I seem to have come a very long way from being a straying wee vagabond just over 6 months ago.

Back in the flatlands, out of academia, a fab challenging job, a little gem of a girlfriend and now... a scary mortgage lol. Allright... soyons-optimiste... A HOME!!! ;-)

But I woke up this morning thinking: "What am I doing??? Is this still me??" The strange thing is that I genuinely think it might actually be "me" still. It all just needs to settle in a bit. I need to find my own pace and rythm, and more importantly, my own way to put MY stamp on the things I've been creating for myself (often with help) these last 6 months. So that they will start to feel familiar.


As luck would have it, Ine posted a blog earlier today on local.live.com, so I quickly checked it, to remind myself of where I'm going to live come July. When I got home this evening, I strung together three consecutive images of the area and drew a big yellow arrow on it to mark my first own "HOME". Just to remind myself why this is all good. It steadied my nerves a bit. And it reminded me that in fact, I'm one lucky sod for being able to make this my home:


- Pew's home (Click on image for larger view) -

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Pew, that seems like a pretty great location! Yes, it's commitment, but Lucky You! :)

 
At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes yes lovely location for when I come visit during the summer, hehe. jk

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger La Solterona said...

Are you just asking for a stalker?? Hehe. Lx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home