Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wish List

*Thanks to MaTuVu for so graciously letting me nick her idea


01. A cat without halitosis
02. To shadow polar bears on the Artic (not the other way around)
03. Complete the next step of my Mountain Leadership Training
04. Meet Noam Chomsky, Karl Popper and/or Richard Dawkins
05. Spend a week at the Santa Fe Institute to pick their brains
06. To spend a christmas somewhere snowy with lots of fairy lights
07. My own Carvers (skis)
08. A Star Trek suit (red for “command”, of course ;-)
09. To swim in the Dead Sea
10. To climb Mauna Loa (world’s largest volcano)
11. To re-visit the Yellowstone Caldera
12. To travel through Africa, Russia, South America and Alaska
13. Go to Roskilde Festival in Denmark with Val
14. To build up the nerve to sing something on a big stage
15. To write a few really good film-scripts
16. To ski on every continent, at least once.
17. To have my own house
18. To visit the Pyramids
19. An entire wall of books (+ swooshy library rail-ladder)
20. To make some local spanish friends to refresh/improve my Spanish
21. To find a job I’m passionate about
22. To see the red square (Moscow)
23. To fall in love, over and over again, with the right person
24. Participate in a research project on the Antartic
25. To travel 2-3 months each year (weekendtrips, long trips)
26. To be able to raise my kids bilingual
27. To set up a few projects I have in mind
28. An Audi
29. A weekly massage
30. To learn how to do parcour
31. To learn how to Kite-Surf (somewhere warm)
32. More friendships, as pure and exciting as the ones I've already built up
33. To shove my PhD certificate in the face of my old maths' teacher
34. To make a difference in someone's life
35. To grow old and be perfectly entertained when looking back on my life
36. (Not publishable)
37. (Not publishable)
38. To take a crash-course in stunt-driving (excuse the pun)
39. Wireless headphones
40. A pair of reading glasses with correct focus
41. To be able to use my reevu cycle-helmet without people taking the piss
42. To fix my rollerblades
43. To decorate a place entirely to my liking (blank cheque would help)
44. To always make time to just lie around putting the world to rights
45. Lots of summery nights in the Park with a bunch of good friends (pool welcome)
46. To always be able to challenge my own fears without being forced to
47. To one day be able to wrestle my brother to the floor again, for old time's sake
48. To not forget what being a teenager was about
49. To never tire of surprises
50. To spend my Sunday mornings with a nice cup of coffee in my hand, a lazy book or newspaper, an egg, a croissant, and a another warm hand that slips into mine every now and then out of sheer love and contentment.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home