Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Favorite Quotations

It's somewhat ironic for me to be blogging this, considering my title-quote. But meh... Enjoy.


1.
The report of my death was an exaggeration
- Mark Twain -

2.
Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast
- Oscar Wilde -

3.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it
- Winston Churchill -

4.
Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love
- Charlie Brown -

5.
In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French;
I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language
- Mark Twain -

6.
To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune;
to lose both looks like carelessness
- Oscar Wilde -

7.
Many a man who falls in love with a dimple make the mistake of marrying the whole girl
- Evan Esar -

8.
Those who live on hope, die fasting
- Benjamin Franklin -

9.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint
- Mark Twain -

10.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
- Oscar Wilde -

11.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one
- Einstein -

12.
To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity
- Oscar Wilde -

13.
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
- HL Mencken -

14.
There is no reciprocity. Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters
- Alice Ellis -

15.
The advantage of the emotions is that they lead us astray,
and the advantage of science is that it is not emotional
- Oscar Wilde -

16.
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland
- Woody Allen -

17.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be
- Douglas Adams -

18.
Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love, though I'd stepped in it a few times
- Rita Rudner -

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Blogger Disco said...

I couldn't resist:

I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it - Ashleigh Brilliant

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody is looking - Henry Louis Mencken

Subtlety is the art of saying what you think and getting out of the way before it is understood - Unknown

There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have - Don Herold

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Albert Einstein

We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are - Anais Nin

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail - Abraham Maslow

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything - Alexander Hamilton

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear - Ambrose Redmoon

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it - W.M. Lewis

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship - Louisa May Alcott

There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot - Plato

The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all - Timothy Luce

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

As ever, an excellent choice Disco :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home