Thursday, June 29, 2006

"First Ever"-s

Earlier this week, someone quite randomly handed me a picture of the boy I had my very first snog with. At a summer camp in France, some 13 years ago now. Truth be told, that picture brought back some very embarassing memories. *cringe*. Ones which quite clearly show that despite the physical attractions I may have to the male specimens on this planet, there's a distinct lack of emotional involvement on my part.

And so the story goes... The Boy was admittedly a very nice-looking lad. The biggest plusses being that he played footie with me and that he listened to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" on replay which in my misguided early-adolescent brain translated as: "He's deep and sensitive". But The Boy had a girlfriend. One of those very annoying, ditsy-French, femme-fatale girls, who insisted on wearing skirts even when we played footie. Until one night, The Boy dragged me off behind the bike-shed and nervously told me that he had a crush on me and that he wanted me to be his girlfriend. Realising the opportunity to get my first official snog taken care of, I spat out my gum and said: "Allright, but you have to break up with your current girlfriend first." Upon which The Boy set off on a sprint, only to return a mere 2 minutes later with the words: "Done. NOW will you be my girlfriend?". And so I snogged him.

It lasted but a whole 15 seconds and I distinctly remember thinking: "Crap. Is that all it is?? Soooo not worth the hassle." We spent the following three hours snuggled up and snogging, until I finally decided I'd explored it enough, got up and said: "You know... I don't think this is going to work out really. I mean... we're a bit too different. So erm... maybe we should call it quits before we get in too deep".

*cringe*

I know. Teenage Soap-Drama mind.

Anyway. I'd gotten that tremendous first-snog barrier out of the way and several other boys followed. But somehow I always ended up feeling distinctly bored and disappointed. And I didn't quite seem to get why all my female friends were always so heart-broken when a guy dumped them. I always seemed to feel a tremendous relief when my boyfriends and I broke up.

But then... Enter Girls. Enter Real Heartbreak. And in some way, I supose, Enter Real First Snog. But that's another story entirely. One I've just a tad too much emotional involvement with to bluntly proclaim all over some random webpage ;-)

Today's Mp3-repeat:
-Tegan & Sara: I know I know I know

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your break up line!

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Dr.Pew said...

I know. So inspired.

*hangs head in shame*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home