Thursday, September 08, 2005

Shuttling Off

It seems I am all packed. Again. At least... I think I am. Most likely forgot something vital such as undies or money. But oh well, it's up to some of you good people to rescue me should I get stranded without my dental floss survival kit. Why did I ever forgo the good old method of laminated packing lists?!?

I am off on a little roadtrip through the UK to visit some peeps I haven't seen in ages, and am sheduled to go on a Mountain Leadership Training course in Aberfeldy. Although this course has been something I've wanted to do ever since Fi first mentioned it to me, it's never exactly been high on my list of priorities. But I panicked at the thought of having to move away from Scotland after the break up and so it seemed the perfect excuse to have to come back to the mountains. Wehey!

In light of my plans to travel for 6 months after the PhD is finished, it is probably THE wisest decision I could ever hope to make. The course teaches navigation skills amongst other things, you see, and although most women seem to lack in the "orientation" department, I am completely devoid of a sense of direction. I am just about able to distinguish what's up and what's down but other than that, setting me loose in Asia would just as likely see me end up in Panama as it would in Moscow.

If I do not return to this Blog in two weeks time, the instructors have probably left me up on a mountain somewhere, written off as a "lost cause". Come find me. Please.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you have fun?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home