Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Excessive Happiness Alert

Stick a fork in me, I'm done *happy grin*

Not only did I have a fab first few days at my new job, I also got to spend my weekend with a totally hot babe AND I'm chomping on one DELICIOUS chocolate egg as we speak. *buzzzz* Would be hard-pressed to beat a moment like this ;)

My very first workday was interesting to say the least. You all know what it's like. A bit of a restless night beforehand, three cups of coffee in the morning instead of a proper breakfast because you feel like you may just throw up, you're that excited. And then of course, you've had so much caffeine down yer system, you have to stop at every other petrol station for a quick wee. If then, due to a lapse in focus, you also accidentally end up on the wrong motorway and don't realise so till you're well stuck in its snail-paced traffic, the wee voice in yer head going "you're SO fired before you've even started" becomes a tad hard to crush.

But I DID eventually make it onto the right motorway and into work and instead of being told off, I received the warmest welcome anyone could possibly hope for. Gran's notorious juice and biscuit overdose simply fades by comparison. My new colleagues are warm, interesting and clever, the boss has a humongous array of experience and expertise to tap into and seems focused on trying to bring out the best in all of us. The work itself is varied and challenging. I am slowly getting a better grasp on what it is exactly a job as Scientific Management Consultant entails. It appears to be a very nice blend of "detective work", background research, content design, writing, high-level data processing, strategic management and expertise provision. And while most people assume I'd resent the long drive to work (110kms), I find myself actually motivated to start my day and am happily tired at the end of it.

I can feel you're all gradually getting the urge to strangle me for my display of excessive happiness but before you all start loading up yer guns to shoot the dopey happy grin right off my face, let me just up the ante a bit. I'm thinking big kick-ass Kalashnikovs here.

So, not only did I have a fab first few days at work, I got to spend my weekend in the company of downright sexy cheekiness. The whole thing was extremely random and impulsive, but it's Tuesday and I've STILL got a moronic grin on my face, which surely is testimony to a lucky hit. While it seems totally superfluous to err on the side of caution with just how much I divulge about it all just now, I intend to fully enjoy the ride and report on it properly in due course. (And yes, this totally explains the absence of the latest Sunday Struggle)

On a slightly different note, I ended up at Sfeer this weekend in Flanders Expo, and can I just warn anyone thinking of going not to waste their precious 12 euros on what basically is a megalomaniac amalgamation of Carpetland and Brico clones. The lack of innovative design was simply appalling and the only fun feature was trying to score freebies to gain back those wasted euros. Although, I hardly think a few chocolates, a chunk of Parmesan cheese and a waffle tally up to 12 euros.

And to round up this grin-fest, I'd like to leave you with a sneak preview of the new Scottish I-Pod (Via Jo)


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home