Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Bliss of Chaos

Right, so if I thought I'd have a breather after my viva, I was wrong. Just arrived back home and seem to have a million things on my to-do list. For some reason people assume I am a ridiculously well organised individual. It makes me wonder what other stuff I subconciously (and incorrectly) project about myself onto this world.

Anyway. My day so far has consisted of rather tedious admin stuff relating to travel visas, bank accounts, getting quotes for round-the-world flights, sheduling appointments with my dentist, dermatologist and OBGYN (the hypochondriac in me re-surfaced before my saner half managed to wrestle me for control of the phone). Oh and the highlight of my day: Mugshots. Yes. I managed to spend a fiver on 4 mugshots of myself which make Jack Nicholson look like an angel in comparison. I think I may just have to attempt to photoshop my way to a home-made passport-photo if I want to avoid being arrested at Christchurch airport upon arrival.

At any rate, I have made myself the promise not to turn this blog into a tedious account of travel tales, so I shall leave it at that. Give me a few days to find my feet again, and I shall return to you with a more interesting variety of tales of self-mockery, exciting encounters with old flames, painful faux-pas, losing my carkeys in the eurotunnel and sushi.

But before I go, I'd like to show you this little gem. It's a wee gift from Disco most likely aimed at fore-warning my fellow travellers:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home